> Tataka Forest
Tataka Forest (ताटका)
Tataka Forest - Where Sri Rama killed demoness Tataka:
1. Valmiki Ramayana (Bala Kanda 24): Sri Rama visiting & hearing story: Sri Rama visited the Tataka forest after crossing the river at the Ganga-Sarayu confluence at Anga province. Sri Rama heard the story of demoness Tataka who was a yakshi and turned into a demoness by curse.
2. Valmiki Ramayana (Bala Kanda 26): Sri Rama killing Tataka:
Sri Rama killed Tataka on the command of Vishwamitra.
3. Valmiki Ramayana (Bala Kanda 26): Sri Rama staying: Sri Rama spent one night in the forest of Tataka and purified it.
4. Valmiki Ramayana (Bala Kanda 27): Sri Rama receiving divine weapons: Sri Rama received divine weapons from sage Vishwamitra here, who was very pleased due to the killing of the demoness.
Bharatavarsha - The Land of Gods and Sages:
1. Stotras by Deity:
Initial: Ganesha -
Tridevas: Brahma - (Vishnu -
Tridevis: Saraswati -
(Lakshmi - Tulasi - Bhoomi) -
Others: Murugan -
Final: Vedas -
2. Spiritual Realization: Spiritual Realization
3. Incarnations & Saints: Incarnations - Rishis - Saints
4. Sacred Geography:
River Sangams -
6. Religious Life:
7. Other Aspects:
Arts - Music - Dance - Medicine - Architecture - Astronomy