> Pilgrimages by Districts
> Andhra Pradesh - Nalgonda district
Pilgrimages of Andhra Pradesh - Nalgonda district
- Famous pilgrimage of Narasimha: Yagagirigutta is located in Bhongir taluk around 48 km from Secunderabad. According to legend, during Treta Yuga, Yadava the son of sage Rishyasringa (son of Vibhandaka) performed penance in this place worshipping Lord Narasimha. Lord Narasimha was pleased and manifested here in five aspects - Jwala Narasimha, Yoga Narasimha, Gandabheranda Narasimha, Lakshmi Narasimha and Ugra Narasimha.
- The cave temple is located on Yadagiri Hills at a height of around 300 feet and has rock formed images of Narasimha. The temple entrance at the foothills is called Vaikuntha Dwara. The entrance of the cave is considered Ugra Narasimha with his mouth open. Jwala Narasimha and Yoga Narasimha are rock formations within the cave. The Gangabheranda Narasimha is a formless manifestation indicated by a continuously burning lamp near the Hanuman shrine. Lakshmi Narasimha has a silver vigraha with goddess Lakshmi sitting beside Lord Narasimha.
- There is a sacred pushkarini (pond) on the hillock which is said to cure incurable diseases by bathing in it and worshipping the Lord continuously for forty days.
- Yadagirigutta is located in the Nalgonda district of Andhra Pradesh.
Bharatavarsha - The Land of Gods and Sages:
1. Stotras by Deity:
Initial: Ganesha -
Tridevas: Brahma - (Vishnu -
Tridevis: Saraswati -
(Lakshmi - Tulasi - Bhoomi) -
Others: Murugan -
Final: Vedas -
2. Spiritual Realization: Spiritual Realization
3. Incarnations & Saints: Incarnations - Rishis - Saints
4. Sacred Geography:
River Sangams -
6. Religious Life:
7. Other Aspects:
Arts - Music - Dance - Medicine - Architecture - Astronomy