> Pilgrimages by Districts
> Himachal Pradesh - Bilaspur district
Pilgrimages of Himachal Pradesh - Bilaspur district
Naina Devi Temple in Naina Dhar Hill of Himachal Himalayas:
- A famous temple of Devi in the Naina Dhar Hill of Himachal Himalayas: Naina Devi Temple is situated on Naina Dhar Hill in Himachal Himachal at an altitude of 3535 ft above the sea level. The cave of Naina Devi is 70 ft long and located near the main shrine.
- Legend of gujjar boy Naina: Naina Devi Temple is associated with the legend of a gujjar boy by name Naina. According to the legend, once when Naina was grazing his cattle he saw a white cow showering her milk on a stone. He saw the same thing for the next several days. One night, the Goddess appeared in the dream of Naina and told him that the stone is her Pindi. Naina reported the story to Raja Bir Chand. The Raja himself verified the reality and built the temple of the Goddess at the same spot. The temple was named after Naina's name.
- According to another legend, the Naina Devi temple is considered as a Shakti Peetha where the eyes of Devi Sati fell.
- According to another legend, the Goddess defeated demon Mahishasura here and took out both his eyes. There is a Brahm Kripali kund downwards the temple which is said to have been created by Brahma where the head of Mahishasura fell. Similarly there is a Chikshu Kund where the head of Chiksura fell.
- The Naina Devi temple is located in the Bilaspur district of Himachal Pradesh.
Bharatavarsha - The Land of Gods and Sages:
1. Stotras by Deity:
Initial: Ganesha -
Tridevas: Brahma - (Vishnu -
Tridevis: Saraswati -
(Lakshmi - Tulasi - Bhoomi) -
Others: Murugan -
Final: Vedas -
2. Spiritual Realization: Spiritual Realization
3. Incarnations & Saints: Incarnations - Rishis - Saints
4. Sacred Geography:
River Sangams -
6. Religious Life:
7. Other Aspects:
Arts - Music - Dance - Medicine - Architecture - Astronomy