> Pilgrimages by Districts
> Jammu & Kashmir - Ganderbal district
Pilgrimages of Jammu & Kashmir - Ganderbal district
- Kheer Bhawani (Famous shrine of Ragnya Devi)
Kheer Bhawani in Tula Mula village of Kashmir Himalayas:
- A sacred spring in Tula Mula village of Kashmir Himalayas which is worshipped as goddess Ragnya Devi: Kheer Bhawani is a sacred spring (within a temple shrine) in Tula Mula village of Kashmir Himalayas which is worshipped as goddess Ragnya Devi. It is 27 km from Srinagar. Swami Vivekananda had a spiritual experience in this place where he heard the voice of the goddess.
go to top
- Sacred Spring: The temple complex has the sacred spring which is considered as the form of goddess Ragnya Devi. Thousands of devotees offer milk and kheer to this sacred spring, hence it is called Kheer Bhawani.
- Spiritual experience of Swami Vivekananda: Swami Vivekananda had a divine experiences in Kheer Bhawani temple. One day he was distressed thinking about the desecration of this temple by muslim invaders. He thought - "If I had been here then, I would never have allowed such a thing. I would have laid down my life to protect the Mother". Thereupon he heard the voice of the Mother, "What if unbelievers should enter my temple and defile my image? What is that to you? Do you protect me, or do I protect you?". Another day when Swamiji was thinking about rebuilding the dilapidated temple, He heard the Mother saying - "My child, If I so wish I can have innumerable temples and monastic centres. I can even this moment raise a seven-storied golden temple on this very spot".
- Kheer Bhawani temple is located in the Ganderbal district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Bharatavarsha - The Land of Gods and Sages:
1. Stotras by Deity:
Initial: Ganesha -
Tridevas: Brahma - (Vishnu -
Tridevis: Saraswati -
(Lakshmi - Tulasi - Bhoomi) -
Others: Murugan -
Final: Vedas -
2. Spiritual Realization: Spiritual Realization
3. Incarnations & Saints: Incarnations - Rishis - Saints
4. Sacred Geography:
River Sangams -
6. Religious Life:
7. Other Aspects:
Arts - Music - Dance - Medicine - Architecture - Astronomy