> Pilgrimages by Districts
> Jammu & Kashmir - Srinagar district
Pilgrimages of Jammu & Kashmir - Srinagar district
Sharika Devi temple in Hari Parbat of Kashmir Himalayas:
- The temple of Sharika Devi in Hari Parbat of Kashmir Himalayas: Sharika Devi Temple is located on Hari Parbat in Srinagar.
- Presiding deity of Srinagar: Sharika Devi is regarded as the presiding deity of Srinagar. The goddess has 18 arms. Sharika Devi is represented by a shayambhu Sri Chakra self-engraved on a rock on the western face of Hari Parbat.
- Harinavami: Harinavami is the birthday of Sharika Devi which is celebrated at Chakreshwar shrine with night long singing of hymns and bhajans.
- Hari Parbat Parikrama: Pilgrims perform the parikrama of Hari Parbat. Some key places in the route are:
- The Sharika Devi temple is located in the Srinagar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Lord Ganesha shrine on the south-western corner of Hari Parbat
- Saptarshi shrine
- Shrine of Goddess Kali Devi with Astha Bhairavas
- Devi Angan which is a vast stretch of open space
- Shrine of Hari represented by a rock on the north-eastern face of the hill
- Shrine of Amber Koul
- Shrine of Goddess Mahalakshmi
- Shrine of Vamdev, the consort of Goddess Raghnya
- Pokhribal, the shrine of Goddess Raghnya
- Shrine of Hanuman
- Kathi Darwaza
Shankaracharya Temple in Shankaracharya Hill of Kashmir Himalayas (335 m):
- An ancient temple of Adi Shankara in Shankaracharya Hill of Kashmir Himalayas: Shankaracharya Temple is an ancient and famous temple located on Shankaracharya Hill around 335 m above sea level. Sri Adi Shankaracharya is said to have visited this place and meditated here.
- The Shankaracharya temple is located in the Srinagar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Bharatavarsha - The Land of Gods and Sages:
1. Stotras by Deity:
Initial: Ganesha -
Tridevas: Brahma - (Vishnu -
Tridevis: Saraswati -
(Lakshmi - Tulasi - Bhoomi) -
Others: Murugan -
Final: Vedas -
2. Spiritual Realization: Spiritual Realization
3. Incarnations & Saints: Incarnations - Rishis - Saints
4. Sacred Geography:
River Sangams -
6. Religious Life:
7. Other Aspects:
Arts - Music - Dance - Medicine - Architecture - Astronomy