> Pilgrimages by Districts
> Jammu & Kashmir - Udhampur district
Pilgrimages of Jammu & Kashmir - Udhampur district
- Sudh Mahadev (Famous temple of Shiva)
Sudh Mahadev temple near Patnitop in Kashmir Himalayas:
- A famous temple of Shiva near Patnitop in Kashmir Himalayas: Sudh Mahadev Temple is a famous temple of Shiva near Patnitop.
go to top
- Legend of devotee Sudheet: The Sudh Mahadev temple is associated with the legend of devotee Sudheet. According to this legend Sudheet was devotee of Lord Shiva who was a demon in his previous birth. Therefore he had frightening demoniac looks. Once, when he came to pay respectful obeisance to Mother Uma, She shrieked. Lord Shiva threw His trident which hit Sudheet fatally. Realising His mistake Shiva offered to resuscitate Sudheet, but he preferred death in the hand of the Lord. Touched by his devotion, Shiva named the place after His devotee Sudheet.
- Trident of Shiva: The trident which killed Sudheet is still kept in the temple.
- Sudh Mahadev is located in the Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Bharatavarsha - The Land of Gods and Sages:
1. Stotras by Deity:
Initial: Ganesha -
Tridevas: Brahma - (Vishnu -
Tridevis: Saraswati -
(Lakshmi - Tulasi - Bhoomi) -
Others: Murugan -
Final: Vedas -
2. Spiritual Realization: Spiritual Realization
3. Incarnations & Saints: Incarnations - Rishis - Saints
4. Sacred Geography:
River Sangams -
6. Religious Life:
7. Other Aspects:
Arts - Music - Dance - Medicine - Architecture - Astronomy