> Stotras related to Sri Rama
Stotras of Sri Rama:
- Lokabhi Raamam Rana Ranga Dhiram Rajiva Netram Raghu Vamsha Natham
लोकाभिरामं रणरङ्गधीरं राजीवनेत्रं रघुवंशनाथम्
(I take refuge in the Lotus Feet of Sri Rama Who is pleasing to the people, calm and composed in the battlefield and the Lord of Raghu Dynasty.)
- Mata Ramo Matpita Ramachandrah
माता रामो मत्पिता रामचन्द्रः
(Rama is my mother, Rama is my father, Rama is my all in all; I do not know any other, I do not know any other.)
- Nama Ramayanam - Shuddha Brahma Paratpara Raam
नामरामायणम् - शुद्धब्रह्मपरात्पर राम्
(The Divine Life of Sri Rama in the form of 108 Nama; Sri Rama, Who is of the nature of Pure Brahman and eager to establish Dharma in the world.)
- Rama Rama Rameti Rame Raame Manorame
राम राम रामेति रमे रामे मनोरमे
(By meditating on the Name of Rama, my mind gets absorbed in the Divine Consciousness of Rama.)
- Ramo Rajamani Sada Vijayate
रामो राजमणिः सदा विजयते
(I contemplate on Rama, the jewel among the kings, the Lord of Sita devi, who always emerges victorious, destroyer of the mighty demons; kindly grant me salvation.)
Stotras of Devi Sita:
- Sri Janaki Stutih - Janaki Tvam Namasyaami Sarva Paapa Pranaashinim
श्रीजानकीस्तुतिः - जानकि त्वां नमस्यामि सर्वपापप्रणाशिनीम्
(O Devi Janaki, I salute You; You are the destroyer of all sins, You are the destroyer of poverty and bestower of wishes of the devotees; You are the daughter of the Earth and the embodiment of knowledge; You are the best among pativratas; You are the auspicious Lakshmi, the daughter of the Milky Ocean; I always worship You in my heart, O Mother Sita, You are beautiful in entirety, the beauty which cannot be expressed in words.)
Nama Japa of Sri Rama:
Scriptures of Sri Rama:
Devotees of Sri Rama:
- Valmiki Ramayana (Bala Kanda) - Journeys of Sri Rama with sage Vishwamitra:
- River Sarayu (Bala Kanda 22): Where Sri Rama received the Bala and Atibala mantras from sage Vishwamitra.
- Anga Ashrama (Bala Kanda 23): Where Sri Rama heard the story of Shiva burning Kamadeva and then spent a night.
- Tataka Forest (Bala Kanda 24 - 27): Where Sri Rama killed demoness Tataka, spent a night, and received divine weapons from sage Vishwamitra.
- Siddhashrama (Bala Kanda 29 - 30): Where Sri Rama heard the story of the descent of Vamana Avatara of Sri Vishnu and protected the yagnya of sage Vishwamitra from demons for six days and nights.
- River Sona (Bala Kanda 31 - 34): Where Sri Rama camped for a night while going towards Mithila and heard the story of Girivraja (land of king Vasu) and the lineage of sage Vishwamitra.
- River Ganga (Bala Kanda 35 - 43): Where Sri Rama camped while going towards Mithila and heard the story of the descent of river Ganga.
- Gautama Ashrama (Bala Kanda 49): Where Sri Rama heard the story of the curse by sage Gautama and redeemed Devi Ahalya.
- Valmiki Ramayana (Ayodhya and Aranya Kanda) - Journeys of Sri Rama during forest exile:
- River Tamasa (Ayodhya Kanda 45 - 46): Where Sri Rama visited during forest exile and left the citizens behind.
- River Vedashruti (Ayodhya Kanda 49): Which Sri Rama crossed during forest exile.
- River Gomati (Ayodhya Kanda 49): Which Sri Rama crossed during forest exile.
- River Syandika (Ayodhya Kanda 49): Which Sri Rama crossed during forest exile while crossing the kingdom of Koshala.
- River Ganga at Sringaverapura (Ayodhya Kanda 50 - 52): Where Sri Rama met Guha, the king of Nishada, during forest exile and camped for a night.
- Bharadwaja Ashrama at Prayaga (Ayodhya Kanda 54 - 55): Where Sri Rama met sage Bharadwaja during forest exile, heard about Chitrakoota forest, and camped for a night.
- River Yamuna at Prayaga (Ayodhya Kanda 55): Which Sri Rama crossed in a boat during forest exile while going towards Chitrakoota.
- Valmiki Ashrama at Chitrakoota (Ayodhya Kanda 56): Where Sri Rama met sage Valmiki and then proceeded towards Chitrakoota forest.
- Chitrakoota Forest (Ayodhya Kanda 56, 94 - 116): Where Sri Rama stayed during forest exile, described its natural beauty, and later met Bharata and gave his charan paduka.
- River Mandakini at Chitrakoota (Ayodhya Kanda 95): While staying at Chitrakoota Sri Rama described the beauty of river Mandakini to Devi Sita.
- Atri Ashrama at Chitrakoota (Ayodhya Kanda 117 - 119): Where Sri Rama met sage Atri and Devi Anusuiya while leaving Chitrakoota forest (and proceeding towards Dandakaranya forest).
- Dandakaranya Forest (Aranya Kanda 1 - 11): Where Sri Rama stayed during forest exile for ten years and visited the hermitages of various sages.
- Sharabhanga Ashrama at Dandakaranya (Aranya Kanda 5): Where Sri Rama met sage Sharabhanga during forest exile.
- Suteekshna Ashrama at Dandakaranya (Aranya Kanda 7 - 8 and 11): Where Sri Rama met sage Sutekshna during forest exile and spent a night. Sri Rama revisited this ashrama after spending ten years in other places.
- Pancha Apsara Lake at Dandakaranya (Aranya Kanda 11): Where Sri Rama visited during forest exile and heard the story of sage Mandakarni marrying five Apsaras and living within that lake.
- Agasya Ashrama near Panchavati (Aranya Kanda 12 - 13): Where Sri Rama met sage Agastya during forest exile and received various divine weapons.
- Panchavati Forest (Aranya Kanda 15 - 60): Where Sri Rama stayed during forest exile, heard Lakshmana describing Hemanata Ritu, encountered Surpanakha, fought with demons Khara and Dushana, and from where Devi Sita was kidnapped by Ravana.
- Matanga Ashrama near Pampa Sarovar (Aranya Kanda 73 - 74): Where Sri Rama met His ardent devotee Sabari, heard about Rishyamukha Parvata and Pampa Sarovar, and finally gave her salvation.
- Pampa Sarovar (Aranya Kanda 75): Where Sri Rama visited during forest exile, described its beauty, and later met His ardent devotee Hanuman and ousted monkey king Sugreeva (staying at Rishyamukha Parvata).
- Valmiki Ramayana - Other links:
Pilgrimages of Sri Rama:
- From Puranas:
Festivals of Sri Rama:
- Pilgrimages of Sri Rama
- Related to Life of Sri Rama:
- Ayodhya (Uttar Pradesh): Birthplace of Sri Rama.
- Chitrakoota (Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh): Where Sri Rama stayed during forest exile and visited the hermitage of sage Atri.
- Dandakaranya: Where Sri Rama stayed during forest exile and visited the hermitages of various sages.
- Panchavati (Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh): Where Sri Rama stayed during forest exile; Sage Agastya's hermitage from two yojanas from there.
- Rameshwaram (Tamil Nadu): Where Sri Rama worshipped Lord Shiva before crossing the sea to Lanka.
- Other Pilgrimages:
- Raghunathji - Kullu (Himachal Pradesh)
- Sitamarhi (Bihar)
- Dudhadari (Chhattigarh)
- Triprayar Rama (Kerala)
Bharatavarsha - The Land of Gods and Sages:
1. Stotras by Deity:
Initial: Ganesha -
Tridevas: Brahma - (Vishnu -
Tridevis: Saraswati -
(Lakshmi - Tulasi - Bhoomi) -
Others: Murugan -
Final: Vedas -
2. Pilgrimages by Deity:
Tridevas: Brahma - (Vishnu -
Tridevis: Saraswati -
(Parvati - Shakambari)
3. Sadhana: Sadhana - Hermitages - Penances
4. Saints: Ramakrishna - Vivekananda - Ramana - Saints
5. Sacred Geography:
7. Religious Life:
8. Other Aspects:
Sanskrit - Arts - Music - Dance - Medicine - Architecture - Astronomy